Monday

DRUG DEN CHIC






Sweater- Everland Cothing
Dress- Nasty Gal
Shoes- UNIF






Skirt- Everland Clothing
Fish Net Crop- Motel
Cross Crop- Jac Vanek
Leg Garter- Dark Moon Cult






Skirt- Everland Clothing
Crop- Oh Mighty!
Socks- America Apparel 
Shoes- UNIF

Firstly, this shoot was a MASSIVE fluke. Not one part of this (besides the outfits) went as planned. I had originally wanted to shoot at a playground with swings and heaps of colour - I wanted everything to be as bright and happy as possible. Then I woke up and remembered that I live in Victoria, where one day can be a clear skies, birds singing and the sun shining and the next can be a fucking parade of wind tunnels, heavy rain and snow. 

It was absolutely pouring on the day of this shoot and I instantly felt overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I was shooting for the wonderfully stylish and extremely talented ladies at Everland Clothing  and me being the lazy perfectionist (two qualities that when put together equal a constant state of manic procrastination) needed everything to be perfect yet not take too much effort to achieve. 

So basically when I realised that I wouldn't be using a playground in my shoot (and all my dreams were shattered) I immediately sprung into action brainstorming ideas with myself and my friend K-ev (her blog can be found here kristyleeloves) about places I could shoot. So there we were sitting on the random dishwasher (dryer? washing machine? I dunno) in her half renovated kitchen when I thought, fuck it K-ev, instead of rainbows and lollipops we'll have to do "drug den" chic. 

And there you have it, a play by play of the very (melo)dramatic events that lead to the production of these photos. I feel they will remain as some of my favourites. 

Also go and read my fashion entry that goes along with these photos from the Everland Blog (link above). I basically just talk about what I wear but in a really professional manner that makes me seem like I know stuff about style. But I do offer some pretty valuable tips like how you can impress David and Victoria Beckham circa 1993 (if thats not a hook then I don't even know why your here). 



19 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    http://lauraskatter.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it still came out pretty fucking rad. No shame in changing your scenery, the outfits are still bad ass and that's really all that matters, right?
    http://dankpizza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Best drug rehab centers

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things considered, an excessive number of medication recovery offices basically focus on part of the issue detoxofsouthflorida.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Side-effects of the drug and drug interactions should be avoided or minimized by the use of suitable drug delivery systems. nzt48

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s important to note that detox is not a whole treatment for drug addiction, no matter what the drug of choice Tarek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Historically, prescription drug addiction has been the most underreported drug abuse problem in the nation( National Institute of Drug Abuse). It is also the least understood. buy iqos heets

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. drug rehab clinic

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. rehabs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Inpatient Drug Reha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very thankful to find this site on bing, just what I was searching for : D also saved to fav. houstonrehabcenters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its extremely pleasant instructive post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. pass drug test guaranteed

    ReplyDelete
  14. n any case, with present day disclosures and also data on how mind synthetic compounds function and the techniques for adjustment, there is currently a more profound comprehension of liquor and drug dependence.local detox clinic in

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Will Blue Cross Blue Shield cover Drug Rehab?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me and my friends have thoroughly enjoyed this blog.
    pre employment drug screening

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. אלכוהוליזם

    ReplyDelete
  19. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. drug addiction rehab

    ReplyDelete